Friday, July 16, 2010

I almost missed this.

I just received my rule books for football yesterday (I have also been an official for high school footbal for 20 years,) and in the Ohio supplemental booklet I saw that the officials will require written authorization to RTP from the LAT as well as the MD or DO. I guess I will be creating a form soon.

Addendum 8/8/2010
Ok, so now I find out that the reference the rule makes to written authorization has nothing to with giving the official a note of any kind, but rather it means that the LAT, MD, or DO write their normal, legally required documentation for the injury. This has nothing to do with showing or giving the officials any kind of documentation for their future reference. I think that this was a completely unnecassary clause in the rule that simply increases confusion for everybody.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Google+